Thursday, January 31, 2008

This Just In.

I have many new Cheers today:

- I have hot water. I went to take a shower today, expecting the worst, and as i was getting ready to bite my lip and jump in . . . i noticed that low and behold, the mirror was beginning to fog up. Thank You.
-The pool started getting cleaned today so i will be able to start swimming again soon. Let me explain, because of all the rain the sand from a construction sight near by fell into the pool and so it had a sandy bottom, this happened nearly two weeks ago. I have also told myself that by the time i leave i will be able to swim a mile, considering swimming 400m (one lap around a track) is painfully difficult for me this is a Challenge will, as you can see, a capital C. But I have realized that I am a better swimmer then i thought i was and was always told i was (thanks family) . . . . . . . Oh, speaking of that, word to the wise, if you ever have a kid who passes out from dehydration at the end of second grade because this kid is a super fast runner (I don't know, maybe fastest girl in her class with a 7:19 mile). And you, the parent, after taking her to every doctor in the city of Chicago, don't find everything wrong with her, STILL think that she is epileptic, just tell her. Don't tell her instead that she is a horrible swimmer and can't go in ANY water with out at flotation device, and supervision, when the summer before she could. I don't know and this just happens to be a summer you spend two weeks at a cottage in WI, with the gentlest lake ever. Just think again and don't, because it may hurt their confidence as a swimmer and when they are in the water for years and years to come.
- There is a rumor of swings, i shall keep everyone posted.
- I found my first old grave yard in Gabs. It was to bury British soldiers that were involved in small battle in the mid 1800's while protecting there little proctorial (pictures to come). If you didn't know this was a hobby of mine don't worry about it, and please don't think of me differently, i don't have time to explain it right now, but someday.
- I got my books for my classes today . . . 20 % off, I'm still broke from it though, calm down, i don't want any one to get too excited.
- I finally am going to start volunteering, you have no idea how excited this makes me, and what makes it even better . . . is that it is going to be with little kids, sadly (for them) orphans, but i really miss all my little ones in CT, so maybe this will help a little bit.

- I have my creative writing class tomorrow. woo woo, I really haven't been writing as much as i have planned/ would like since i have gotten here.
- And, I got an e-mail from Kay Dallh-ingg today, saying that the one of my poems has made it to the semi-finals of the competition that Kay and Bob so selflessly submitted it too.

Peace out,
Stay Well.

2 comments:

Alex Lee said...

I was watching A Haunting last night on Discovery. Some kids went to a grave yard and--it's a bad idea.

Good luck,
Alex

Maggie said...

yah! congrats on the poems! miss you like woah

. . . And if you want to be free, be Free. Things I do, and think about.