Monday, April 9, 2007

Harold and Maude.

If you want to sing out, sing out. Cat Stevens (AKA Yusuf Islam).

Not only is this Song the name that I named the Blog, but it is also a happy, hopeful song that I never knew about until I watched Harold and Maude for the first time and fell in love. I remember being really disappointed in myself for not knowing this one since I consider myself a Cat Stevens fan.

Asides from the uplifing, empowering feeling you get once done listening to the song, it reminds me of a time that I needed to hear and feel the lyrics, and believe, that I believed the message. You follow me? I guess You could say I was kind of in a slump, a Harold-esc slump. Through this song and the events shortly after the movie/song was introduced to me, I started to rise from the shadows I was hiding behind and learn and live, "You can do what you want/ The opportunity's on/ And if you find a new way/ You can do it today/ You can make it all true".

5 comments:

Otter said...

Who or what is Harold and Maude?

eotter said...

its a movie, it came out in 1971.

Indigo Bunting said...

Welcome, Otter III! Harold and Maude is one of my all-time favorite movies. Great song.

Cedar Waxwing said...

What the other bird said!

Welcome. (how many otters do we have now?)

Otter said...

EO Welcome! I didn't even realize you had joined until yesterday.
I think this a great song to begin your blog with. DYK, Aunt Meg is a huge Cat fan?
I'm looking forward to your blog.
Love, Cece (AKA lolololo)

. . . And if you want to be free, be Free. Things I do, and think about.