Monday, April 23, 2007

Waking up and Walking Out (7/365)

Waking up and Walking Out - Margot and the Nuclear So and So's



The most inventive, poetic, and real lyrics, i personally have heard and felt in a long time. I have introduced my boyfriend to this song, and we had our first dance to this song. It was slow, awakward, unsure, and comforting. It is something i think that i will always remember. It was the first time that i really let myself start to like him as a girlfriend should. It showed me a playful and romantic side that i have never known or understood as a couple before.


slip out when my love is fast asleep
She's not my lover
She's sharing a floor with me
And we talked about her grandmother

You touch my leg
On that slow moving train
You shake like a leaf
In that cool autumn breeze

I walk in and Jolene is half undressed
She's just chewing her gum and winking at me
I'll fight her wars
And she'll smite my enemies

You bitch like a child
A spoiled only child
You smoke cigarettes
Drink wine from a flask

You whisper I'm tired
Of living this life
But I'm feeling insane
Lying here in one place

Okay so i couldn't find Margot playing waking up and walking out on youtue thus i am giving you their myspace so you can get to know them a little bit better, just click on my title and you will get there. Please look in to them they are wonderful and and the only music that i can not get sick of nor can i get disipointed when i go see them live . . . . the count now is 5. Best show: Nov. 2006 New York City @ the Knitting Factory with the Elected (blake of Rilo Keliy) and Whispertown 2000. My roommate and i got approched by the band after and got to party with them. It was an awesome night.

. . . And if you want to be free, be Free. Things I do, and think about.