Thursday, April 26, 2007

Jesus, Etc. (12/365)

Jesus, Etc.- Wilco

Okay this is finally starting to become part of my day, even though it is time for finals and i am so over whelmed. Sorry that i haven't been writing back to your beautiful comments, but once May 2 comes around you will not be able to get me to stop commenting.

I think this goes for everyone who loves Wilcom, but this song dose something special for me. The whole concept of "turning your orbit around" Is so brilliant to me. Like a reminder to constantly better yourself and change with the new day. Or that something can be so great, horrible, devistating that is that it can turn you around, but when put this way it makes you understand that you are not alone. Even skyscrapers knock into each other once in a while.

This song also reminds me of the puff of smoke that i lived under for the first part of my summer last year. Everyone smoke sins Me, and everytime someone ran out of ciggs, i would sing this to myself. three people have now since stopped smoking, i would like to think that i could be a reason for that.

Voices whine
Skyscrapers are scraping together
Your voice is smoking
Last cigarettes are all you can get
Turning your orbit around

Last cigarettes are all you can get
Turning your orbit around

Just an interesting fact. I plan on naming my first dog Wilco, after the band. I just think it is so cute and whenever i see a dog, like the one i plan to ge,t on the street, i think that could be Wilco's Grandma/pa, because Wilco isn't born yet, and wont be for a while.

3 comments:

Otter said...

That's a really good dog name. BTW, everyone in the family hated this album when I played it one day when we were cleaning the backyard in the 'Dale.

eotter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Otter said...

Eliz,
I love that you love this song. I just, like-five-days-ago-just discovered this CD from Uncle Steve. Anyhow, when I got to this song I kept rewinding it over and over. And I fell in love with it too.

Good girl getting your room mates to quit smoking.

. . . And if you want to be free, be Free. Things I do, and think about.