Sunday, April 29, 2007

What's Up? (14/365)

What's Up? - 4 Non Blonds


Have you ever been in a foreign country and seen any unforgettable TV? Well i have, I was nine years old and in France. My parents went out to a fancy romantic dinner, and the three kids were on the own with some Francs, don't worry we went to Mc-ie-D's. However, at one point during that night we were watching this French show were young kids get dressed up as their favorite artist of the time and lip sync to their song, which is popular. Well What’s up by 4 non blonds was one of the songs, and for some reason i still consider this to be one of the funniest things that i have seen in my life. The dyed green hair, piercing, and kooky song, along with the audience that was totally over the top excited; all mixed into the giddiness of junk food and the feeling of independence. I will leave you with this:

and so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in my bed
just to get it all out what's in my head then I
I am feeling a little peculiar
and so I wake in the morning and I step outside
and I take a deep breath then I get real high
then I scream from the top of my lungs
what's goin' on

and I say hey... hey...
I say hey, what's goin' on
and I say hey... hey...
I said hey, what's goin' on

2 comments:

Deloney said...

This song has turned into a kind of anthem in some quarters.

Unknown said...

Gawd, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I can't believe you remember that. JKO and I couldn't get over it. It was totally insane... we were in Cannes btw.

. . . And if you want to be free, be Free. Things I do, and think about.