Thursday, April 12, 2007

Whatever Happened - The Strokes (4/365)

LOVE LOVE LOVE this song. Its so catchy, I find it in my head all day, but it is always welcome. i also think that it is so neat that they reference Tennessee Williams, one of my favorite writers. Its kind of like a Gilmore girls thing . . . You have to be smart enough to get the jokes. I can also really relate to this song the lines : I want to be forgotten,
and I don't want to be reminded.
You say "please don't make this harder."
No, I won't yet.

I don't know if i will be able to say this and make it sound right but i will try. I can not be around people for too long of a period of time. If i am I get a little testy, just because I am an introvert, yes, outgoing introverts exist. I take the "please don't make this harder" part to be said in a sarcastic voice like, " oh, okay like you really give yourself way too much credit" that’s how i get sometimes. the Please get away i need my space, but i like to play it off like i will miss the people or its hard, so they don't get offended, because it has happened in the past. They just don't understand that it is not them it is me i just need to be along, recharge, think, read, or listen to my music

2 comments:

Otter said...

It's interesting how people take songs differently... I for one enjoy the bridge of this song more than anything else. No matter, Julian's singing about relationships (shocking) and fame. It's a drag you know.

Cedar Waxwing said...

I'd heard this song before, but not known the musicians. It is catchy and upbeat.

. . . And if you want to be free, be Free. Things I do, and think about.