Thursday, April 26, 2007

lease, remember me, happily (11/365)

The Trapese Swinger - Iron & Wine

But please remember me, fondly,
i heard from someone you're still pretty
and then they went on to say that the Pearly Gates
have such eloquent graffiti
like: “we'll meet again” and “fuck the Man”
and “tell my mother not to worry”
and angels with their great handshakes
but always done in such a hurry


This is a song about remembering a loved one after they die. But for me it is about remembering old relationships after there time is up. Its sad but sweet and so optimistic, that they will meet again. My friend Sam, also once a year long crush, put this on a mix for me before i went back to school last summer. And it said it all. That is how Sam and i talk, through music. We never were ready for the other person at the same time. Always missing each other by a second. But I don't only think of Sam when this song comes on I think of beautiful dream like days in La Jolla, or the sweet reunions with the people that had faded, or are far away. This song brings me out of any slump, calms me, and excites me. Although its 9.35sec i never get sick of it while listening. Maybe that is because my favorite part comes at the 9min mark. listen to it live by clicking on the "remember me".

No comments:

. . . And if you want to be free, be Free. Things I do, and think about.